Every year, California students take several statewide tests. When combined with other measures such as grades, class work, and observations, these tests give families and teachers a more complete picture of their child’s learning. BVM teachers, counselors and administration can use the results to identify where your child is doing well and where they might need more support.
Your child will be taking the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) the week of May 16, 2022. We will have a spirit week May 9 to encourage students to do their best in this important assessment. Attached to this email is the schedule for the week so you can plan accordingly and arrive on time to class, especially during first period.
Parents and students, the following are some strategies to support and facilitate a smooth experience during the CAASPP Week:
- Get a minimum of 8-hours of sleep
- Wake up early and have a healthy breakfast
- Charge your iPad and bring your charger and wired earpieces.
- Have a positive attitude!
- Bring a book to read for when you are finished
- Cell phones, Smart Watches and other electronic devises will be asked to be turned off and placed inside backpacks. Backpacks will be located near teacher desk.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Mr. Rodriguez or Mr. Bonilla, your assistant principals.
BVM CAASPP Team